• Language is an oral phenomenon; therefore, all teaching and learning is done in an oral context.
• Reading and writing skills are essential, but must be preceded by and rest on oral mastery.
• The acquisition of oral skills involves the development of habits, both intellectual and physical.
• The proper mastery of language involves active student participation in all stages of instruction.
• With the Berlitz Method one focuses on the target language in the classroom and in the student review materials. By totally immersing the student in the new language, we can most closely simulate the real-life situations in which he or she will be using the language, and eliminate the cumbersome process of introducing a concept first in the student’s language and then in the target language. The “direct” approach (from concept to language) is the essence of the Berlitz Method.
• The Berlitz Method is based on a “building-block” approach. During the early stages of instruction, primary emphasis is given to establishing basic structures and grammatical points. Each structure is introduced and thoroughly practiced, and serves as a foundation for new information.
• Berlitz proceeds from simple concepts to complex ones, from concrete to abstract. In the early stages, students deal with simple declarative sentences, then questions. Only later are they exposed to relative and subordinate clauses, compound and complex forms, and sentence embedding. Likewise, students are first taught to identify and describe the people and objects in their immediate surroundings. This is then expanded to permit them to discuss abstract relationships, feelings, emotions, conditions, cause/effect relationship, etc.
• All instructors have a native command of the language they teach.
Aprender otro idioma, o aprender varios idiomas, es muy bueno para cualquier persona.
Berlitz Tutoring builds real language skills for students ages 4 to 18.
Research has shown that language study has a positive effect on children’s standardized test scores. Children who study languages are generally more imaginative, better abstract thinkers, and more flexible in their thought processes.
Whether your child needs help with his or her school language program, needs to improve test-taking skills, or requires assistance with AP preparation, Berlitz Tutoring is the ideal solution.
Muchas investigaciones han demostrado que aprender otro idioma ayuda a los ninos a obtener excelentes resultados academicos. Esta comprobado que los ninos que pueden estudiar otro idioma generalmente son mas imaginativos y pueden ser mas flexible en su proceso de aprendizaje.